Just to pass the time...

Started this as when I used to get back from work, I was usually so hyped I couldn't sleep for a couple of hours. Now just sort of carried it on for the fun, I try to make it funny, if it isn't please don't hurt me... Anyway, try to enjoy :)

Thursday 1 October 2015

The Art of Feminine

Do any of you boys out there realise how difficult it actually is to be a girl?

Yeah, okay, so we've got the whole on-the-surface issues which are brought up a lot, but let me enlighten you with the everyday struggles of a teenage girl.

First and foremost is the issue of our appearance.

We're, in a way, expected to look pretty amazing all of the time, which is pretty shit, not gonna lie here.

If I don't put make up on in the mornings, I face a day of people asking me if I'm alright.

(Did you see my pun there? Eh? Eh? Eh?)

"Yeah, I'm grand thanks. It's just my face unfortunately. I get it, it's disgusting..."

So I have to wake up a full 20 minutes earlier than going au naturel to actually ensure I look like a healthy functioning member of society.

I know. It's all a bit misleading when you think about it...

Anyway. I decided quite recently to revert back to glasses despite the whole "nerd reputation" thing.

I literally was so done with shoving my finger in my eye four times a day just be be able to see in focus.

I know this is also relevant for boys, but wearing glasses just ain't cool. Really lowers the street cred.

Luckily for me, I'm literally so done caring.

Shaving sucks. Like we have to do it every few days and it's just annoying. Yep, guys, okay, you have to shave your faces. BUT... try legs and underarms. I dare you. Or better. Try WAXING!

Now you all must have heard about eyeliner. Basically, it's a bitch. You spend ages getting a perfect shape you just cant repeat symmetrically on the other eye so end up looking like a member of Kiss.

Lipstick tends to come off the second you have something to drink....so either we deal with that or we dehydrate.

Don't get me started on bloody nail varnish.

Apparently now eyebrows are meant to look good now too. Luckily I have a fringe which covers mine sooo, suckers.

I still have to straighten that though to get it to look presentable.

Frizzy hair is a no-no. I have to use de-frizzing products at great expense so I don't look like "Leo the Lion" as I was affectionately known in my first years at secondary. Thanks guys....

Moving on from appearance which takes a shit tonne of time and money, we have the typical gender stereotype: girls are well-behaved, well-mannered, have neat handwriting and don't misbehave nearly as much as boys.

These aren't my words. These are stereotypes.

The hardest part is living up to the expectations. My handwriting looks more like a complex spider diagram than a pattern of letters, which, I get, can be pretty frustrating,,,,

Especially coming back to reading it in the summer for revision... whoops.

The issue is, girls mostly get pressured by other girls, especially about the way they look. It's known as "bitching".

Sadly, it's done behind people's backs which makes is somewhat difficult to actually learn what the real issue is.

Boys are usually pretty straightforward and upfront about things like that. In general, girls....nope. We put up with so much drama because everything is made out like an episode of Eastenders.

Not pointing the finger at everyone. This is just a brief generalization.

High heels are Satan's gift to womankind, along with crop tops and false eyelashes.

For some reason, it's also far easier to be labelled. "Slut", "nerd", "bitch", etc. all seem to be lasting reputations which are hard to shake.

"Weird" is a prime one. Still trying to shake that one off....

HIT IT, T-SWIFT!

There's a fine line between "slut" and "prude" when it comes to clothing, especially skirts. Finding a happy medium tends to be a challenge and does often make me worry.

We're criticized easily on our weight which sucks. Pizza's just so much more understanding than society.

Not to mention we have mood swings. Like we could be ecstatic and optimistic all day, get home, slam a few doors and spend the rest of the night crying about how cute your hamster is.

This actually happens.

I mean I could go on and on and on. But if you're still not entirely convinced.

PERIODS.

I think I'm done here.....


No comments:

Post a Comment