Just to pass the time...

Started this as when I used to get back from work, I was usually so hyped I couldn't sleep for a couple of hours. Now just sort of carried it on for the fun, I try to make it funny, if it isn't please don't hurt me... Anyway, try to enjoy :)

Monday 12 October 2015

A Shakespearean Adventure

So last week I went up to London to see Shakespeare's Measure For Measure at the REAL ACTUAL Globe Theatre!

Well. You know. Like the 5th restoration of it.

So I got to go to school in jeans, a T-shirt a hoodie and my beloved Converse.

I walked to meet my friend Jaz and her jaw hit the floor. Apparently seeing me so un-smart was a bit of a shock.

I was in school for one lesson. That was one hour and twenty minutes of "ROBYN OMG you can't wear jeans! They're gonna send you home!"

Bite me, bitch.

The pals I was with had started a group chat the night before which was an agreement to bring a tonne of sugar filled foods which would probably result in us being so hyper we'd be shaking throughout the duration of the trip. This was with Kim, Georgia, and Laura was accepted in to it shortly afterwards.

This group chat had been affectionately named by me as "The Fornication Foundation".

This seems totally weird unless you're actually familiar with the story of Measure For Measure.

Psst....psst...It's about PRE-MARITAL SEX!

Yeah, so we got on the train and tipped our bags out on the table...

We had 2 chocolate oranges, a box of swizzles favourites, a bag of Doritos, a pack of Oreos, Haribo minions, and then bought some Kinder eggs at the station.

If I've forgotten anything guys just comment because I swear there was more....

So we managed to get to the Globe and after wrestling for some lunch at Eat, we took our places in the courtyard of the theatre, where we faced our next biggest issue.,,

Standing up for three hours.

Uh oh.

So we were up to the left of the stage, leaning right on it. I had to be on my tiptoes, because...well...yeah, but the others coped all right.

Within minutes all of us had spotted the same guy opposite from us at the other side of the theatre.

He was a cross between Stephen Mulhern and Leonardo DiCaprio. Dazzling smile. Beautiful face. We all spent the full hour and three quarters of the first half of the play not really paying attention, but more watching "Fit Guy" as he was affectionately christened.

Whenever he looked in our direction, we all looked at each other and giggled, That's how creepy we are.

Okay, I did actually pay attention to most of the play, but it was Shakespeare, and need I say more?

Plus my back was literally killing me, standing for so damn long.

Anyway, after sitting in a massive heap on the floor of the Globe for like 15 minutes, we were told we had to get up to endure *cough cough* whoops, sorry, I meant ENJOY the second half, which wasn't really half at all, but about a fifth of what the first half had been.

But Fit Guy had disappeared so we were much more concerned about finding him than Lucio's marriage to a whore.

Spoiler alert....

Anyway, the highlight of the play was when a wheelbarrow tipped over and fell on the audience at the front and one of the actors had to come out of character to ensure they were okay.

Leaving the Globe, we found Fit Guy, only up so closed we realised...he was not so fit after all.

In fact, he was around 40 years old, with wrinkles, a balding head, clothes a few sizes too big, and a pot belly.

Bit embarrassing....

So we ran.

I kept getting crushed at Waterloo Station, with people walking in to me at all angles while I yelled something along the lines of:

"People!! Everywhere!! I live in the middle of nowhere! There are more people in this station than in a 5 mile radius of my house! Help!"

The train home was somewhat eventful, after not getting a seat and the others scrounging off of my personal hotspot (I ran out of 3G on Friday guys, cheers xD).

There was also a minor incident of Kim vs her Double Whopper and the onion-that-was-meant-to-be-lettuce. But i won't go in to the gory details

But it was a great day out, with lots of laughs (like me failing at hair tutorials) and lessons (such as age before beauty....)

Love you guys!!



No comments:

Post a Comment