Just to pass the time...

Started this as when I used to get back from work, I was usually so hyped I couldn't sleep for a couple of hours. Now just sort of carried it on for the fun, I try to make it funny, if it isn't please don't hurt me... Anyway, try to enjoy :)

Tuesday 1 September 2015

Make up & Money

So I'm awake and bored and what the hell, let's write some random stuff. Why not, am I right?

My life has literally been so criminally uninteresting the past few weeks that I have not the foggiest what I'm even meant to write about that might be remotely interesting.... Fuck.

Okay, so I was just scrolling down my Facebook newsfeed and the sheer amount of things about beauty I see is incredible. "10 simple beauty tips every girl needs to know", "LIKE if you think she's pretty", "tutorial for amazing brows". It's everywhere.

I've never been one to fuss too much about my overall appearance. I'd much rather have an extra 15 minutes in bed than struggle to make my eyeliner symmetrical. I rarely manage to make it even, it's a whole pointless endeavor which almost always results in tears of some form.

Most days I just cover up any spots if I have any, whack on some mascara and use a lip stain pen. If I'm not intending on leaving the house, I chuck on a pair of jeans, whack a cami over my head and waddle down the stairs like a reenactment of "Shaun of the Dead". Minus the...you know. Minus the blood. I then grab my kitten and the remote, throw a blanket over myself and don't move until I get hungry.

I don't see the point in covering up my flaws around my family. They knew me when I was still in nappies and they've seen me at my absolute worst. I don't need to impress them with my stunning looks. Not that I have any, mind...

If I'm going in to town with a friend, yes. I will spend rather too much time thinking what cute outfit I want to wear so I feel pretty. Not look pretty. Feel. I drag most my wardrobe to my bedroom floor, trying things on, creating a superb mess which I procrastinate about tidying up afterwards for days.

Eventually I'll find something which I think makes my legs look skinnier, my stomach look flat and makes me feel just a little bit elegant. I'll lay it out on my chair the day before I go out so I'm all ready to go. I have to be organised.

Shoes, I don't give a flying fuck. Pumps or sandals. Depending how I'm feeling. If I wear heels I'll fall over and look like a ginormous PRICK.

On special occasions, I rarely try anything adventurous. Classic eyeliner which takes 6 or so attempts to perfect, a pinky red lipstick and that's about it. I don't see much point.

Yes, wearing it makes me feel a little bit pretty. It makes me feel that maybe people will take a bit of notice of me rather than me being a wallflower and overshadowed by the tonnes of stunning people I hang around with. That's why I understand why people do wear make up.

However at the same time I think it's absolutely terrible that people, and it's not just girls anymore, it's some guys too, feel that they have to cover their faces to be noticed. People feel that if they have blemishes on their skin, or bags under their eyes, people won't like them. Sometimes people want to stand out and be noticed. It makes people feel special when they're noticed. I'm just not sure that people are taking the right approach to it.

What I notice in people is far different. I notice people walking with a spring in their step, smiling, laughing. Wearing a shirt I like. Reading a book I love. Falling over in public. I can see attractiveness in people who don't make an effort with their appearance, first thing in the morning, last thing at night before going to sleep. Am I the only one who can see these things?

Guys say to girls they love that they're beautiful without their make up. Love is meant to be about being with someone because of their personality, their persona, the vibe they give off and all of their vices. Not because of face and body.

Yeah, yeah. Guys don't give ugly girls a second glance. But a guy who judges purely on appearance is not a guy worth being around. The same applies the other way around.

Society has tried to make people conform to unrealistic appearance goals. Models in magazines are all flawless, and it makes people try to copy them. But it isn't necessary. If magazines would stop airbrushing and using tonnes of make up, then people would feel less insecure about themselves and leaving the house au naturel would not be a big deal.

But then cosmetic industries lose a lot of money.

People's desire to be perfect in an unnatural way is fueling these millionaire cosmetic companies, which the government can tax and gain more money. Make up isn't about self confidence. It's about making money.

The whole thing to me is a scam. Magazines make people feel insecure about their appearance, make up sales increase, cha ching. It is all about the money.

And make up trends get more and more alarming and ridiculous. Swollen lips, shaving off eyebrows and drawing them on with a crayon, implants left right and centre. It can't be good for people. Some of this stuff must be pretty dangerous.

I just think people should be able to feel good about themselves for who they are naturally. Without hair dye, or make up, or implants. I think it's unfair for people to feel bad and ugly because they don't have clear skin, because they don't have a thigh gap, because they're not as thin as they could be.

If a person decides to do something for them and for them only, for example, they want to dye their hair a certain colour, for reasons other than fitting in with society and trends, go for it. I didn't like my hair colour for ages and ages, just because I didn't like the colour. Personal preference and all that. If you want to be skinnier coz you think you're not the weight you'd like to be, go for it. Just stay within the normal limits and don't overdo it. Stay healthy.

But wearing false eyelashes coz Kim Kardashian wears them and she's really pretty and you wanna look like her.

Please don't.

Be yourself.

Stop trying to be just like someone else.

I guarantee you, people will love you for being you a lot more than they'll love you if you're the same as everyone else.

Be unique.

This ended up as a bit of a rant. Sorry guys. I just want people to be happy and ride unicorns and poop rainbows and I want people to accept that they can be beautiful by themselves,

Just gotta shine.






No comments:

Post a Comment