Just to pass the time...

Started this as when I used to get back from work, I was usually so hyped I couldn't sleep for a couple of hours. Now just sort of carried it on for the fun, I try to make it funny, if it isn't please don't hurt me... Anyway, try to enjoy :)

Wednesday 20 May 2015

The General Election 2015

So tomorrow's the general election and everyone's buzzing about the turnout. Who will win? Will UKIP stand a chance? Will it become a coalition government?

Naturally, at the age of 16, the only vote I'm allowed to take part in is some crazy school election run by the 6th formers, pretending to be the party leaders.

Yesterday, I was speaking to two of the guys in charge of UKIP, who were puzzling over how they might be able campaign in a similar way to Farage. I suggested knocking on people's doors and having a chat with them, as well as taking selfies with teenagers. To me, that seems to be predominantly what Farage does around my town.

I'm trying to keep it so you people don't know where I live....

Anyway, if you're interested in my opinion, I agree on leaving the EU. I think that the UK's too small for people to keep joining because they think that it will be as we were under Labour, and they will be given free housing, money to be getting along with as well as a job.

With the Tories that's been less the case, but people abroad are still describing England as the Promised Land, The Land of Bread and Honey...

Their last hope.

But we just can't any more, and give it 20 years, when you fly over the country in a plane, you will see grey and brown. No more green and yellow fields. I don't want to see that happen. Britain should stay agricultural, and I love the countryside and the open air and the peace and quiet away from the bustling cities. Or is that just me...?

I know that this year there really isn't an all-clear solution. Some parties have good claims, other parties have good claims, but all of them have flaws and in all honesty I can't quite see which one would be worst for our country.

All this politics stuff is way too serious for me. I'm mentally about 11 years old. I still believe in unicorns and fairies because it's easier to explain the things I don't understand. Like physics and equilibrium.

So I suppose it's probably better that I didn't vote. Because if I did then I'd vote for The Monster Raving Loony Party.

Reading these guy's claims never fails to make me smile. I can read them over and over again and not got bored of them.
To list a few...

"All Food sold in fast food establishments should be clearly marked: "May contain traces of real food""

"All vegetables sold in supermarkets, should be clearly marked: "Strictly for oral use only""

"We propose to make unicorns a protected species?"

"It is proposed to introduce free travel on trams and buses for musicians as they bring joy into people's lives.... Obviously"


To see more click here: http://www.loonyparty.com/about/policy-proposals/

You gotta give it to the guys, reading their "manic-festo" honestly made my day. It's about the only part of politics that doesn't make my head hurt and remind me of all the people that control our country, the majority of whom have had very cushioned upbringings.

These guys get it!

Well....from my point of view, anyway. Probably not from the majority's point of view.

Some of their claims have even been accepted! See?
http://www.mirror.co.uk/usvsth3m/7-monster-raving-loony-party-5644717

I think this party just makes politics a little more entertaining. I mean they're a legitimate party based on bad puns and who people actually vote for. What's not to love? If you don't think it's even a little bit brilliant or funny then you really need to let your hair down and take a breather.

Life isn't about being serious all of the time, you know!





1 comment:

  1. Errrgh the font changed for the last bit and there's nothing I can do to make it change back again :/

    ReplyDelete