Just to pass the time...

Started this as when I used to get back from work, I was usually so hyped I couldn't sleep for a couple of hours. Now just sort of carried it on for the fun, I try to make it funny, if it isn't please don't hurt me... Anyway, try to enjoy :)

Wednesday 4 November 2015

Corridor Wars and the Battle of Beauty

I haven't posted in a while. I apologise for this but I've been a bit busy.

I'm here now. That's what counts, aye?

Anyway, I'm not exactly sure what I'm posting about so I figured I'd just let the words leave my fingertips and see where exactly we end up once I'm finished. 

Something I have noticed at school is that everyone lied to me.

I was told all the younger years would be scared of me, dodging me in corridors and scuttling away frightened every time my gaze fixed upon their tiny faces.

Is this the case?

No. No it is not.

Quite on the contrary, these small children just shove me out of the way as if I wasn't even there. 

I'm late for lessons 100% of the time, not because I have abysmal time keeping skills, or dawdle in the corridors, or anything swaggy and IDGAF like that.

I'm late because all the little kids shove me in to walls.

They walk in rows. They walk down narrow corridor in lines, obstructing the whole path and I'm like arrrrgh where do I even go? 

I said "excuse me" the other day and a younger student had a go at me. I felt quite violated and ashamed. Not going to lie about it.

So now I roam the corridors clutching my travel mug tightly to my chest, sporting a fearful expression and prepared to throw hot chocolate over any unfavorable character.

Okay, that's a lie. I wouldn't really throw hot chocolate over a child. But it does get agitating, especially with sarcastic teachers.

"Well good evening, Robyn. Might I ask where you've been?"

*shifty look left. Shifty look right*
"Well the corridor was kinda busy...."

They never buy it.

It doesn't help being near enough the same height/shorter than the majority of them.

I found out how tall I actually am the other day and let's just say I was not darn well impressed.

So having been one of the tallest in my year for a long time everyone was fairly confident I'd be tall enough to be a model. What a disappointment.

I was at the nurse's having a check up for medication (yay...) and she checked my BMI. My weight I scrunched my eyes up so I didn't have to look. My height.....

I stood up against the wall measure, the nurse brought the measurey thing down on to my head.

"One hundred and sixty-three centimetres!"

Half an hour later I googled what this is in feet.

5ft4. What.

I could swear I was 5ft6 at one point. After the vertebral disk injury a couple of years ago I must have shrunk. It's the only explanation.....

So yeah, now I'm one of the midgets.

So yeah, schools pretty stressful at the moment. OBVIOUSLY that's the worst of it though. Not the mountains of homework or anything.

My salvation is my free periods, where I can chill out a bit, slowly work on something while noshing on something that'll make life seem so much better, and giggling away with my girlies,

In a couple of weeks we've all got GCSE presentation evening, so everyone's all having kittens about what dress to wear to it.

This includes me, as my mother decided to buy some the other day which don't look toooo bad on me.

Naturally, I asked my friends and boyfriend, and while Alex was saying I should go for the red one, my girl mates were like "not that one"

So I'm like ahhhh. I guess I'll go in my pyjamas.

I dressed up fairly nice the other week for my cousin Becky's birthday party. It was at a cocktail bar I ended up getting served at and I had a tad too many.

Apparently I was stroking Alex's leg telling him I wanted to kiss him. Nice to know I turn into one hella creepy bitch when drunk. 

It was a great evening though soooo whateverrrr.

After his initial laughing at me, he said it was "kinda cute".

I'm sorry but no.... I just sound like some whacko molester.

All I remember is walking out my house looking and feeling pretty damn awesome and walking back in again feeling very giggly, loved-up and looking like the Joker.

Anyway we all had a great time and I did get to kiss him. So all was well xD

All's well that ends well.


No comments:

Post a Comment